- Graduated from the Dental School at the University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne in 1999, having changed careers from civil engineering.
- He had associate positions in Carlisle and Glasgow before buying his first practice in Carluke, in 2005.
- It was while working in Glasgow he developed a keen interest in Implantology, cosmetic dentistry and IV sedation. Callum placed his first implant in 2004 and has treated over 1000 patients with over 2000 implants.
- This early introduction to advanced dental procedures ignited a passion for innovation, along with education, that has been a constant throughout his career.
- Currently, Callum is studying for the ‘Diploma in Implant Dentistry’ and ‘Membership in Advanced General Dental Surgery”, both at the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. He attends 15 – 20 days of postgraduate education annually, and is a trainer for BTI (Biotechnology Institute) his implant provider.
- He was the first dentist in central Scotland to use Blood plasma technology in his implantology and oral surgery procedures, adopting the acclaimed PRGF®-Endoret® system from BTI. This system enhances the body’s natural powers for healing and regeneration, using the patients blood plasma, to give a more ‘organic’ approach to his bone augmentation and implantology procedures.
- In addition to this, Callum is involved in a research project, investigating different preparations of PRGF®-Endoret® in osteogenesis, prior to implant treatment.
- Callum works in private practice in Scotland, near Glasgow and uses the latest techniques in laser, cone beam scanning and CAD-CAM technology to help him deliver the best possible experience to his patients. He firmly believes that every course of treatment is a journey and that each journey should be as comfortable as possible.
Dentist – UK